Mekapati Goutham Reddy (50), Minister of Information Technology and Industries in Andhra Pradesh, died of a heart attack in Hyderabad. Mr. Goutham Reddy, son of former YSRCP MP Mekapati Rajamohana Reddy, had returned to Hyderabad after representing the Andhra Pradesh government at the Expo in Dubai.
According to a press release issued by Apollo Hospital on Monday morning, the 50-year-old AP Minister was rushed to Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, in an emergency situation. “He had collapsed unexpectedly at home.” “On arrival, he was unresponsive, not breathing, and in a state of cardiac arrest,” according to a note issued by the hospital’s management.
Below we have gone in detail the causes of Heart Attack and why Heart Attack cases are rising these days.
Causes of Heart Attack
- The heart is one of the most delicate and essential parts of our human body. Our heart muscle needs oxygen to make its proper functioning of pumping our heart.
- A coronary failure or heart attack happens when the bloodstream that carries oxygen to the heart muscle is seriously decreased or cut off this happens because of the process named atherosclerosis; in this process, our coronary conduits that supply the heart muscle with bloodstream can become restricted from the development of excessive, unnecessary fat, cholesterol and other alien substances that together form a plaque,
- When plaque inside a heart supply route breaks off, a blood coagulation structures around the plaque. This blood coagulation can impede the blood’s movement through the corridor to the heart muscle. At this moment, Ischemia occurs due to lack of blood support, resulting in a reduced supply of oxygen to heart muscles. In turn, it leads to harm or demise of some portion of the heart muscle; it’s known as myocardial infarction.
Why are heart attack cases increasing these days?
- Stress is one of the major factors that is contributing to heart attacks these days. The rapid competition and urbanization is negatively impacting the healthy lifestyle of the people.
- The second thing is Obesity which is impacting the most with the low quality and high oily foods triggering the incidence of heart attacks.
Tributes pour in for the Minister
Vice president Venkaiah Naidu “The passing away of Andhra Pradesh Industries and IT Minister Shri Mekapati Gautam Reddy is most unfortunate. They are very gentle and cultured. Leaders who are aware of public issues and committed to the work they do.
Sri Gautam Reddy has been close to his family since the time of his grandfather. I am very fond of him. It is painful to be away from such a person at such a young age. I offer my condolences to their families, praying for peace in his soul.
Telangana IT Minister K.T.Rama Rao said: “Deeply saddened and shocked beyond belief to learn about the sudden demise of a dear friend. My heartfelt condolences to the family & friends in this hour of grief. Gone too soon brother. Pray that you rest in peace.”
Read more of our Trending & Interesting News Articles.
Hi there! I’m Vishnu. I was born and raised in Delhi, India. I am a freelance content writer and a blogger. I am currently a student studying at a prestigious Business school in India. I am an avid reader and writer.