Hey guys, Welcome to FactsMinister. Today we are going to talk about the upcoming India VS West Indies series.
India and West Indies will play ODI and T20I series in Ahmedabad and Kolkata, respectively. The three-match ODI series between India and West Indies will begin on February 6. The ODI matches venue is at Ahmedabad’s Narendra Modi Stadium. The T20I series will consist of three games .Eden Gardens Stadium in Kolkata will host all T20I matches. Rohit Sharma will lead India, while Kieron Pollard will lead the West Indies side.
Team Selection – Who is in and Who is out?
- Kuldeep Yadav has returned to the 50-over fold after a long absence from partner Yuzvendra Chahal, while Ravichandran Ashwin is out of the ODI and T20I squads.
- Rohit Sharma makes a grand entry to the team as a captain after an injury
- Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami given rest, keeping in mind the work overload
- Unfortunately, Ravindra Jadeja is out, but he will come back soon as he is going through the final stage of his recovery
- Ravi Bishnoi, who will make debut for the Indian side for the first time, has claimed that the selectors and team management see his wrist spin as a good option in the middle overs.
- Deepak Hooda is also included in the squad as he is an all-rounder who can bat and bowl according to certain harsh conditions.
- Venkatesh Iyer is out as of now for his dismal performance in South Africa, but they are considering him as an option for T20’S
- Washington Sundar, Avesh Khan, and Ruturaj Gaikwad are selected in the team; they hope they will make it into playing 11.
West Indies Squad and their Current Form
The West Indies have chosen a 16-man squad for the forthcoming three-match T20I series in India, which begins on February 16 and will be led by Kieron Pollard. This is the same lineup that faced England in the home series. Hetymer and Evin Lewis will not be taking part in the series due to injury.
The West Indies team is looking forward to win this series after thumping series victory against England by 3-2. Jason Holder looks confident after taking a hatrick. Not only the hat-trick, he also performed amazingly well in the whole series. Rovman Powell also looks fierce after his stunning 109 in the 3rd T20. The youngsters also showed some promising signs in both the batting and bowling department.
This series is not only a test for Kieron Pollard captaincy but also capabilities of Nicholas Pooran.So this will be a interesting squad for India to take on.
Way Forward – What steps India should take to win this series
India vs. West Indies series is a golden opportunity for the Indian cricket team to make a remarkable comeback after a complete whitewash against South Africa. Rohit Sharma has a big responsibility to carry forward the team towards winning the game. There is a hope that after a drastic collapse in South Africa, the middle order has learned the lessons and improved to contribute runs for the team. The new youngsters in the squad will have a great platform to showcase their talent for future qualifications.
So with a new team and new hopes, all Indian cricket fans hope that this series will be a significant success for India.
Cricket & Tech Enthusiast. A Graduate in Statistics. Currently Managing this Website while working on the concepts of Stocks/Crypto Markets.