Russian President Vladimir Putin publicly stated a military operation in Ukraine on Thursday.Also warning other regions of the world that any attempt to interfere would result in “repercussions they have never seen.” He claimed the attack was necessary to protect citizens in eastern Ukraine. But the US projected he would falsely claim to vindicate an invasion.
Even Though Putin claimed that he is not invading Ukraine, by Thursday evening Russian army entered various parts of Ukraine.As of today [ 24-02-2022] According to a Reuters report quoting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s adviser, as many as 40 Ukrainian soldiers and around ten civilians have been killed by Russian shelling. Meanwhile, the AFP reported that Ukraine claimed to have killed “around 50 Russian occupiers” without providing further details.
Vladimir Putin AnnouncementEmbed from Getty Images
- Putin accused the US and its allies of ignoring Russia’s demand to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO and provide Moscow with security guarantees in a televised address. He stated that Russia’s intention was not to occupy Ukraine.
- Ukrainian soldiers fighting Russian-backed insurgents have been ordered to lay down their arms and return home.
- Any Country trying to poke in Russia’s affairs will have to deal with the stringent consequences.
- Russia’s interest is not in killing Ukraine citizens but protecting them.
- Assured of not launching missiles on Civilians
Joe Biden StatementEmbed from Getty Images
- The entire globe’s prayers are with the people of Ukraine as they face a totally unjustified and unwarranted attack by Russian armed forces
- President Putin has picked a premeditated war that will lead to disastrous loss of life and tragedy
- Russia is solely liable for the killing and destruction caused by this attack, and the United States, its allies, and associates will respond in a coherent and resolute manner. Russia will be held accountable by the rest of the world
- Tomorrow a G7 meeting will take place and further discussions on sanctions and other facts will be thoroughly discussed with other countries.
Ukraine Statement after Putin’s announcement
In an enthusiastic address , Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said that Russian President Vladimir Putin had decided to order an intrusion of his country, but that if Russia attacks, “you will see our faces, not our backs.”
Dmytro Kuleba, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister, stated that the country would defend itself and triumph over it. Kuleba, calling it a full-fledged invasion, stated that the war was one of aggression and that the world must be able to and must stop Putin immediately. “Now is the time to act.”
What’s happening Now?
- There have been reports of explosions in several Ukrainian cities, as well as gunfire near the main Boryspil airport in Kyiv.
- A Martial Law is completely imposed in Ukraine.
- Multiple explosions heard in the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv
- Ukraine’s police said that Russia had carried out 203 attacks since the start of the day, with fighting taking place almost everywhere in the country.
- Ukraine fought Russian forces along nearly its entire border with Russia, with fierce fighting in Sumy, Kharkiv, Kherson, Odessa, and at a military airport near Kyiv.
- Oil prices above $105 now [ 24-2-2022], first time since 2014.
- Rupee falls 99 paise to 75.60/USD amid Ukraine – Russia Crisis.
Cricket & Tech Enthusiast. A Graduate in Statistics. Currently Managing this Website while working on the concepts of Stocks/Crypto Markets.